Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Big News!!!!!

I cannot believe that I am so dumb. I am not talking about the fact that i walked into a sliding glass door last night. Yes, I did. I was at work trying to eat my lunch, when this enormous fly began to fly around me. I noticed it went into the back section of the department so I closed it in with a sliding glass door that divides the two. It is never closed. When i finished my lunch I got up and went to go to the back section, Wham!!!!!! I hit that door so hard that i bounced off of it. I just laughed. What else can you do when you do something that stupid in front of your co-workers. It was hilarious. I had a big red spot on my right temple where I hit so hard. But that is not the big news or the reason of my "dumbness."
On Sunday the 18th, I was in charge of Sunday pm services. I preached that message about overcoming our enemies. I asked those who needed special prayer to come up after the altar service. We prayed for each one. When we made it down the line, I asked for prayer for migraines. I normally have 2-3 headaches a week minimum. The week prior to this service I had headaches 5 out of 7 days. Monday came, no headache. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday (and still going). I forgot that I had asked for prayer. I realized that I had no headaches and thanked the Lord for it. I asked Tabithia in Sunday School if I had been prayed for. She said I had. I even got someone to confirm it. I was so excited. I could not contain the joy. I could not wait until service. I sat there hoping I would be asked to testify. And sure enough I was. I left it all out. Thank the Lord for healing!!!!!!!! I just had to tell the news! I have suffered for I don't know how long with these terrible headaches. I t feels great to be free!!!! Thank you Jesus!!!!

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

PRAISE GOD for divine healing!!! If His blood no longer heals our bodies (some folks claim divine healing was for THEN, not now), then His blood cannot save our souls. The same blood that SAVES us, HEALS us! If we can't trust Him to heal, we can't trust Him to save either. Right? Well, enough seriousness.
I had to laugh OUT LOUD at your sliding door calamity! I watched the whole thing in my imagination and it was hilarious! It wasn't too hard imagining it since I've done the very same thing myself once! Only mine occured seconds after I was laughing at and mocking my husband for him doing something dumb, then he had the pleasure of watching me bounce off the glass door that I thought was open. HA! Mockery has a way of coming back and biting you when you least expect it.

Jason Mullins said...

I think that God must have a healthy sense of humor as well. He delights in us. He would have to laugh at some of the things we do. For example bouncing off of doors. It must have been quite humbling for you in that scenario. I am just glad I am not the only one.

cokelady said...

I must say... you're the only two people I know of who have ever done that. Hhmmm...

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!