Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Mostly Lurking

Well, I have been around your blogs lately nosing around. It isn't really nosing if you post it publicly for everyone to see. I have been reading them. I just don't have much to say. my quick wit has slowed a bit along with my metabolism. Just a sign of age. I am no fogey yet though. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Don't anyone be offended by my age comment. I know many that read this that are way older than me which would say that their wit is nearly nonexistent. Oh, I am not helping matters one bit. Really though, I think if you post something totally obnoxious you are much more likely to get comments. I guess most people are just lurking, too.
Really I have so very little to blog about. I preached Sunday pm at my local Church. I had very little along the lines of notes. It went very well. It was taken from the 17-18 Psalms. In the 18 David said that he cried unto the Lord and the Lord heard. Chapter 17 is the cry. Chapter 18 is the evidence that God answered. He stated that he was surrounded by those who sought his life, those that were out to destroy him. He was innocent and Saul and him men were after him like an enemy of state. He sought refuge in a barren, harsh wasteland. In chapter 18 he stated that God came down. It seemed to him that God stopped all He was doing to minister to his need. Doesn't it seem that way sometimes. Our problems like to encircle us and leave us dead in our tracks. They like to tell us we can't do it, can't make it. David said his enemies prevented him, they stopped him, disrupted his life. He went on to say that the Lord was his stay. The Lord was his rock, his courage, his feeling that enough is enough. Our enemies surround us to heckle and prevent us from serving God with all our hearts. They try to prevent us and disrupt our lives. But God is our stay. Enough is enough already. David went on later to say that jumped over his enemies and how he fought all of this by the Lord. Somewhere around verse 42, he beat his enemies and cast them out as the dust of the street. That night I had signs posted around the front that named some of our adversaries that come against us; sin, self loathing, self promotion, depression, sickness, fear, entanglement, unbelief...We prayed as David did and then took these foes casting them out as the dust of the streets. There is victory in Jesus. There is power to overcome our ugly enemies. We can do this.
God bless you all.

7 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

AMEN! We CAN be overcomers, by the blood of the Lamb!
The Psalms have always been my favorite book of the Bible, but this past year they have been ESPECIALLY near and dear. I've pondered a lot about Saul's hatred and rage at his own son-in-law, David, who had done nothing intentionally to aggrivate Saul. But the Scripture says that GOD sent an evil spirit to torment Saul: "But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him" (1 Sam. 16:14). Because Saul's ego was inflated, he felt he was above having to obey God's Word and he had special privileges and "insight" which allowed him to not be subject to the same rules everyone else was to obey. Therefore, God rejected him and began showing favor to his own son-in-law. Saul went mad with rage and jealousy, and not caring about his own daughter's feelings of love for her husband, Saul spent the rest of his life trying to destroy David. But David trusted in the Lord to be his Deliverer, and try as Saul might, God never allowed David to be destroyed. David was determined to keep a right spirit and not retaliate against Saul even though he had ample opportunity. It's just so much better when we allow God to deal with situations, instead of going to the arm of flesh and trusting in man or man's ways. "It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence
in man" (Psa. 118:8).

Momma Tammi said...

Sorry for the lack of comments...I haven't had much to say since I fell and knocked myself sillier than I already was. I guess I'm guilty of lurking too. ~grin~

Jason Mullins said...

Ouch! Careful there in Washington.

Jason Mullins said...

There really is a lot of good stuff in Psalms. It can often be found rather unexpectedly. I love it when it jumps off the page at you.

Momma Tammi said...

I didn't knock myself silly in Washington...that happened in Canada when there was 3 inches of solid ice in the parking lot.

Jason Mullins said...

I as just saying be careful where you are now! Don't want that to happen there.

Momma Tammi said...

Oh...got'cha. See! I told you I scrambled my brains!!!! ~hee hee~

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!