Tuesday, July 18, 2006

'Tis Strange

Sorry it has taken me so long to return to the ole click of the keys. It has been some time since I really posted something besides trying to appease my guilty conscience for not sharing my enlightenment with all of my blogger friends out there. Wasn't that a long sentence. I believe it was nearly as long as my day. I am so crazy. I need an assistant to book my appointments, visits, boosts, etc. I am terrible at overbooking. If only I could clone myself to accomplish all that I must. Then, there would be two of me, wouldn't that be scary *Oooh*shudder*
I am rising early to get tot he hospital for clinical time just to finish up my bachelor degree. Of course I finally had some freedom after years of oppression at the university and waited until the last minute or month rather to complete this during the summer. It is a self-learning course really. I do it at my own convenience. Why do we say that? When is it ever convenient to go volunteer my time that I already do not have?. It is really not volunteering, I am paying to be there. That is the crazy part! But oh, well. ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Aside from the time I am logging for clinic, an also working in camp this week. I am teaching a class on leadership--How to be a regional/general coordinator. I really am not stressing the position part as much as I am stressing what would be good attributes of any leader. I have really been blessed by this class although one of my former SS students said it was boring *huh! TEENAGERS* It is not run the isle material, but it is needful. I have been encouraged just being there and getting to teach them. I met a new boy that I had never seen today during class. We exchanged contact information. I thought that was so cool. I felt that I had been used of God to say something that really touched him. I miss being there full-time so badly.
This is so long. You would think that Rebecca Horne posted this. I am not sure what I thought was so strange when I began typing this. Isn't that strange. Oh, yes, I remember, I feel a different leading of God. I am not sure what is taking place. I just remain humble under the mighty hands of God. That is from a verse I have used in my class. I also talked about how David encouraged himself in the Lord when he was about to be stoned by the people. Sometimes encouragement must be self-induced. I have experienced that in this class. I have not encouraged myself really, but I have allowed the Word to be my encouragement. There is work to be done. I want to be a worker.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, if you are terrible at overbooking, why would you want to clone yourself? Wouldn't that make you double terrible at overbooking or wouldn't you be overbooking times two?LOL!!!
Praying for you!!! We understand all those feelings.

Sister Net

Jason Mullins said...

You know I have never thought about that. If there were two of me, both would have the same terrible habits. Then I would get on my own nerves. Oh, wait, I do that already. *chuckle* How is Alaska?

Anonymous said...

Alaska is okay for now. we haven't arrived yet! LOL!
How is Arkansas???
I also completely understand the "nerve" thing! LOL!

Jason Mullins said...

It is excess of 100 degrees here until today ofcourse. How long does it take to get to Alaska? Are the two of you on foot? I know you had to send you van to the car fairy (Just kidding. I know...ferry). I did not know you would be roughing it the rest of the way.

cokelady said...

Hey, what's with that Rebekah Horne jab in the middle of all your "spiritual" jibberish?! You got a lot of nerve, buddy!

Anonymous said...

We flew back to Nashville until August 3rd. Then we will fly to Bethel.
Hey! Don't you read my blog???????

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!