Tuesday, November 11, 2008

You may never see this...

You have probably long forgotten my blog by now since I am rarely ever here myself. I just read my last post and boy do I have some stories to tell, but can't because the things I find to humorous, the person that it is about might not. We have just gotten back from a long drive to Helena, AR. Our member, Sis Mary Burch, lost her dad and we traveled to be at the funeral today. It was so crowded that we never got to speak to Sis Mary. She knew we were there, though. So did the congregation because the minister in charge had me stand for the everyone to see. I just expected to be put on spot for some reason. He just asked me to stand and recognized me and our sacrifice to be there. It was very kind of him to do so although a little strange. We made the journey home after a quick stop at such a fine eating establishment...Sonic. Our local Sonic has been closed for a couple of months while they build a new one. Tabithia is crazy about the place and crazy when she is not about it. She is very tired. I forget sometimes about the the limitations of the slightly weaker vessel. She does very well though.

Speaking of weak. We had a bake sale last Friday. It went very well. I was up until 3 am, and them back up at 6 the night before, getting things ready. I had to go pick up a load from a coworker of mine that has been so faithful to attend our Sunday morning service. He made so much stuff. What a generous guy! It is good because between me and him that was all there was. Bro Fred did manage to talk some of his relatives out of a couple of jars of goods. We raised somewhere around $100. That is very well considering our yard sale raised $20 and there was good stuff in there. Augh... I think I shall retire and keep those stories to myself. They are really good though!

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

I still check from time-to-time. I just saw that you are preparing for another funeral. I'll be praying for you.

On the brighter side...you raised $120 more than you had and that is always a good thing.

Jason Mullins said...

Oh, I see the baby pic!!! How cute. The funeral was for a toddler of one of Tabithia's customers. Sad is not even a word to describe it. God, gave such grace for me and the family to carry us through that hour. It was the first funeral I had ever conducted. I just praise the Lord for the strength He gave.

The bake sale...I am extremely happy. Every little bit helps and that was a bigger sum than comes in most of the time.

Thanks for not forgetting me here. I know I do not offer much to keep one interested.

Washington Okie said...

Hey Pastor, I think I need some pastoral counseling, when can you come out and provide that for me????

Glad to hear God is blessing.

Momma Tammi said...

You really need to put your blog post from your MySpace on here. Everyone needs to read it.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!