Thursday, October 09, 2008

Unfaithful at Some Things...

I have learned that my new life as a pastor enables me to fulfill the calling of God on my life. It is a satisfying and gratifying feeling that cannot be explained. Even at the most difficult moment, it is not in my heart to turn tail and run. I have worked tirelessly at promoting and sending out cards and invitations, organizing and cleaning and doing all things possible to ensure a warm welcome and a spirit of worship. The stage is set so to speak. It is an unending job where there is never ample time to do all that I would love so much to do. I yearn to paint and hang new lights and do other work, yet souls are in need of rescue. So, I pace myself and do what is needful for now.
Really, pastor, is a new identity that is unlike who I was before. Not entirely, but mostly. It has meant the death of parts of me or at least rest. I am not the avid gardener I was, that part of me just does not have the time to come out. I am not such a busy neat freak. That part now sleeps. I am not complaining, but for now those things that identified me before are as the old cliche goes..."back burner." Even blogging is one of those things I have so little time for. I ask myself now what I think I am doing. Time moves so quickly. Where does it go? I would love to tell the quirky crazy stories here I once did, but I just incorporate some of that insanity into the pulpit.

So if you wonder where I have been, I am not dead, just parts of me wait until the day is spent and the work is done. That crazy preacher has just redirected that energy to a different place. I may seem unfaithful here, but in other areas I am giving my all. Maybe soon I will have some hilarious, riotous story to post. Don't count me out. Lord willing I will post again!

3 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Being a pastor and working a full-time job takes all of your time. I'm so glad that you are feeling a satisfaction and gratification in your calling...it is a great feeling and place to be, knowing that you are doing what God has called you to do.

I'll continue to check back from time to time, but I won't delete your link...just in case you feel the need to post a funny story!

Jason Mullins said...

Good! Don't count me out just yet!!

Vic said...

I am happy for you and pray that you continue to work while it's day for the most important role you will ever under take, the caring for souls...eternal work...
God bless...

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!