Friday, June 12, 2009

Baby Steps...

Firstly, don't get your hopes up. The only baby around here is our new little black duck that hatched the other day. Also, do not let this post get your hopes up, I am a terrible blogger. I miss the connection and encouragement, the personal attacks. Yes, that was all great. Somehow my life is just too crazy right now. I do have a Myspace page that I from time to time update my status and the like. Mainly it has become a tool to reach out to the families of those that come to Church in Paragould.
I have really learned much in this first year of pastoring. I could hardly say it when I first began, "pastor." At times it still seems surreal. I have enjoyed it though. With our convention looming and everyone's future up in the air, I can honestly say it has been a wonderful experience. I appreciate more fully the sacrifice of those that are chosen to lead. Case in point...the Church is clean, yard mowed ready for Sunday's service. My house is less than perfect...yard a little shaggy (not bad). If Better Homes and Gardens showed up today I would ask for airbrushed photos. They would look like white pages I fear. Service Sunday will be a special Heritage Celebration as I am sure many will be doing.
Let's see, this past year...we have celebrated Grandparents' Day, been blocked out of service for an ice storm and downed power lines, had services at Hardee's restaurant, homes, Lake Frierson, been the the hospital, funeral home, homes, held Christmas Communion, a Christmas dinner and card exchange, had bake sales, yard sales, Olan Mills pictures, had a pastor birthday party, Old time Homecoming, mowed, cleaned...The list goes on.
Many hours of sacrifice both in preparing for service and in maintaining the property have been invested. I count it a wise investment. The stock market has seen perils and will no doubt see more, but these treasures are laid up where there is no danger of collapse. These sacrifices have meant that there is less time for other things. Unfortunately my beloved blogging was one area that saw a cut. As I learn to adapt to these changes in my life, perhaps one baby step at a time, I will post again soon. But for now there is a dirty pool asking to be cleaned, animals ready for walks, weeds to be pulled, details for Sunday to be planned out, a nap to be taken before work, what is a feller to eat, Children's Church for regional convention is a month away...this list goes on, too. Whew!!

4 comments:

Washington Okie said...

Bro. Jason,

Thanks for the post, the high calling of a pastor is probably one of the toughest but again the most rewarding I've ever experienced.

I know you're great pastor and my prayers are with you and what ever God has in store for you and Tabitha this next year.

Jason Mullins said...

Thanks for that comment and even noticing my post. Wow...I thought I would long be forgotten. I really enjoyed last weekend as we focused on Covenant in the am and Truth in the pm service.

It was truly a great weekend!

Jason Mullins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason Mullins said...

When you guys get back to OK, will you be the Okie Okie?

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!