Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Where Have I Been...

Oh, my!! Nearly a month has passed and nothing from me! Not a thing. Well, lets see what all has taken place. I had surgery...yes, oral surgery. Don't try to down play that like it was nothing. I got up the next day like a had cheeks full of nuts. the next day was even worse, cheeks full of grapefruits (whole grapefruits). I wish I only had pictures with me now to prove it. During all of that I was contacted by Bro Dewayne Smith about pastoring a Church this year. That dialogue went on for a couple of days. I accepted because I had always felt a connection with that Church. If there ever was a place to start I knew it was there in Paragould, AR. I thought I better say where. It is about 30 minutes from my home. So no moving involved now. I did have to move from the Congregation I love so dearly though. Jonesboro is such a wonderful place, the Church. It is all about LOVE! You can feel it. It was no small undertaking moving out of the Children's Church room there. I had so much stuff that now takes up nearly half of my garage.

Once done there is was time to start moving into Paragould. It is a really cute little country church type feel. There are some opportunities for building improvements. There are really great members, though few. Thus far many have visited with us. Some neighboring Church members, some first time guests. It has been great. I have really enjoyed it thus far.

The day is slipping away from me and I have yet to get my CPMA service together for tonight. God bless you all! More later!!!

6 comments:

cokelady said...

Wow! We'll be praying for you and especially for the church that has to put up with you. KIDDING--I'M JUST KIDDING! God be with you and bless your work there.

We missed you at the Assembly!

Jason Mullins said...

We missed being there at Assembly. I don't like it when we are unable to attend. We had a death in the family and the funeral was on Friday. Some others headed out afterwards, but it was so hard for us to leave. We opted to stay home and help Tabithia's grnadmother. It was her last sibling and she did not take it very well. In fact she still has a very tough time with it.

Jason Mullins said...

We missed being there at Assembly. I don't like it when we are unable to attend. We had a death in the family and the funeral was on Friday. Some others headed out afterwards, but it was so hard for us to leave. We opted to stay home and help Tabithia's grnadmother. It was her last sibling and she did not take it very well. In fact she still has a very tough time with it.

Jason Mullins said...

Isn't it funny how we capitalize things in the Church? I looked back and noticed that I capitalized Congregation. I always make it a point to capitalize Church and things like Women's Missionary and Children's Church. We tend to make proper nouns out of lots of things!!!

♥Cindi Leigh said...

hi! :)

i love that picture that you saw. despite the red, puffy eyes, it was an amazing night! :)

how did i get pics on the side of my blog you say? :) well go to your dashboard, then to layout. "add a gadget" is at the top of the list. click on it. scroll down and you should see "picture"..it's about the 8th one..
browse for you picture, add a title and save it!

hope that helps :)

Jason Mullins said...

Thanks!

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!