Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A Little Behind...

I am just a little bit behind my goal for posts in 2008. Not by very much though. I am also behind in information. Let's see...Hunter, my nephew, came home from Arkansas Children's Hospital last week. He had a check up on Monday in which they said he was better than when he was discharged. So that is wonderful news. He came to Church on Sunday. That kid needs a haircut. He was cooped up in the hospital for a month. He is looking shaggy. It was a great sight to see him home though. He is still on a special children's renal diet with all kinds of restrictions about what he can and cannot have. No milk, not bacon, no nuts, no salt, no chicken nuggets. I am not sure if the kid can eat anything really. Don't think that he can have his favorite condiment either, ketchup. Poor, poor, Hunter. I think the girls are glad to have him home and their mother of course. I have felt so sorry for all involved. It has been quite an ordeal. Hunter really was spared, THANK YOU JESUS!!!! Although he looks quite ghostly (pale white) he is very lively. It is wonderful.
In other news, since my last post I have continued comping at Wal Mart and coupon clipping. At Kroger the other day, I saved $27. That falls short of the $35 at Walgreens just days prior. I have had other savings in the past couple of weeks in excess of $100 total. It has been very impressive. It is a thrill to go into the store and walk out with free stuff and have done nothing illegal. With double coupon the other day at Kroger that is just what happened. Free stuff!!!! No five finger discount. No dash out the front door. No security chasing me! I think that, too, might produce an initial thrill but guilt would set in later.
Well, I am a post closer to my goal and really must be cutting this off. I have much, much, much to do. Have a great few days!

4 comments:

DestinyBrianna. said...

heyy :)
i miss you guys:)
love you.

Jason Mullins said...

Aha! You have tracked me down on the ole blogger. I have been so busy lately I haven't had time to post. We miss all of you, too. So good to hear from you!

♥Cindi Leigh said...

hey! :)
i found you guys!
and i added you, by the way :)
love yall <3

Jason Mullins said...

Cindi Leigh Shaw has struck again! Love you all too!

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!