Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Did It...I Did It...

Finally I have found some kind of template out there that I could make work. When everyone else had such cool blogs, I was stuck with Mr. Soto. Now that everyone else has just about quit blogging, I finally figured it out. It seems I am often a day late and a dollar short. Speaking of dollars, I hope, I think it is payday. I had $4 in the bank yesterday. I felt poor. I have been spending a little extra lately in an effort to save money. That sounds crazy so let me see if I can make some reason out of it. I heard somewhere that you don't buy things because you need them right then. you buy because the price is right to buy them. Like for instance, Walgreens had Windex, BOGO at $2.79. I also had a manufacturers coupon for $1 off. So I got 2 bottles of Windex for a little over a dollar bottle. I also bought instant coffee at such a terrific bargain. I saved $35 in there.
I have turned sale watcher, coupon clipper. It really pays. I am not one of these people that are terrified about gas/food prices. I am being wise though and making an effort to reduce spending and store up some things. I found canned goods on sale the other day and filled the pantry back up. I am not going crazy though. I will not have to buy vitamins for a year. I think it is kind of like the thrill of the hunt. I love a bargain. The other day I went to a local thrift store and found 5 student desks for our children's church room. They were $5 each and in great shape. They even had the books of the Bible taped on top on a bookmark. I went to TSC the other day and found dog food for about $4 less per bag than Wal Mart. Good times!!!! It is great. At Wal Mart, I found cereal in the bag for $1. My old way of shopping was crazy!
Well, I gotta go. There are bargains outs there calling my name, if my check hit the bank! I will have to find that out first. I off to find a bargain!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I comp shop at Wal-Mart. If a store in the area has a sale on something, you bring the ad into Wal-Mart and they will give you that item for the other store's sale price. I end up with a big list of stuff to comp, and I tell the cashier, "Piggly Wiggly has that on sale for such and such..." and they ring it up at that price. And store brands translate to store brands. If Kroger brand milk is on sale, I can get Wal-Mart brand milk for that price. Last week I got a gallon of milk for $2.49.

Anyway, it's fun to sit down with the sale papers and pick stuff out every week, and it saves me from running around everywhere and wasting gas to get better deals.

Jason Mullins said...

I do that, too! I am such an addict! So glad you stopped by!

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!