Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Snow and Sixty Degrees...

Those two hardly seem to go together, but here in Arkansas that is clearly the case. I have always heard about the Natural State, "If you don't like the weather, don't worry it will change." And change it does. The weekend was glorious, a little windy, but for early March, it was great! I worked of course and went home to sleep. How absurd. I slept through the best weather of the year. i just told myself there would be more. The winds of change blew and blew until cold front passed through on Monday night. What should happen on Tuesday...you guessed it...SNOW. I use that term very liberally. We call the small dusting we received snow. The frost on the ground this morning was more impressive.
Have I just become the blogger meteorologist or what? Have I gotten so old that all I talk of is the weather? I will explain that in one phrase...CABIN FEVER!!!!! I have it so bad. I am ready to return to the yard for therapy. There is something about sinking your hands into the earth. In the quiet moments of yard labors are found peace, meditation and poison ivy. Oh...wait that doesn't belong! It really is peaceful, tranquil. I think on so many things. It is taking Gods creation and showcasing it in a way that brings Him glory. This year, Lord willing, it is supplementing the supper table. I am so excited and cannot wait. I have things growing at my backdoor already. But I cannot do anything because it is too cold!!!!!
Am I the only one with this problem? AUGH!!!!!! Today the temperature is back in the 50's. So we rebound very quickly until we have another chance for snow this weekend. Eventually the epic battle between warm and cold will end and it will be so humid we can barely stand it. I can't wait!
That is your weather report (or rather mine). The SON always shines here though!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!