Friday, February 29, 2008

Has It Been a Week Already...

My how time passes so quickly. Life seems to go at such a hurried pace. Nonessential time grabbers get kicked to the curb. I dare say that it will not be blogging. This is therapy. I am in some need of therapy right now. Yesterday was the big day at the orthodontist student's office. I have a mouth full of metal. Well, not quite full as we have not started my lower teeth yet. That will truly be a fun day. I laid back for well over an hour as I was fitted for this beautiful piece of art in my mouth. Really it does not hurt, too bad. The spacers that were in were far worse. This morning I do feel the tension of all of it. Enough whining...what else do I have to talk about.

I had a very old lady making passes at me last night. All of this while I was starting her iv. I reminded her of that. I have seen many dirty old men but very few dirty old women. She had mentioned being healed at Church before mixed in with many innuendos. What kind of water was in that well (sweet, bitter)? She was truly a mess. She told me she wanted to die laughing. I was okay with that idea for her just not while she was on my table. I have had another patient tell me before, "You must be that hot Xray tech I am supposed to get a phone number from for my sister." I was completely dumbfounded. No one had ever asked for my number before. In the health care industry you see all kinds and never quite know what to expect. I have been accused of trying to kill people, I have been accused of shrinking a patient's head. I have been verbally abused. Mostly, though, I have had many opportunities to be a blessing and to be blessed. I have prayed with some. I have hugged and been hugged. There just never seems to be a dull moment.

I have returned patients to the ER with tazer drawing police in front and behind. I have been scanning one moment and initiating CPR the next. I have had to clean up nearly every kind of mess a human can make. Other times I have felt so personally involved that one would think my family was on the table. I have worked in sterile fields elbow to elbow with radiologists and scanned under the watchful eye of surgeons. I have come a long way from the chicken I was when I started.
Is this a commercial for me or what? Hey, it is my blog and I can ramble as I please. I am about rambled out. Blah!
I do like this media for communicating, though. It is the one place I can come and not have a lisp. I discovered last night that I can't whistle. I can make some noise but no tune is appreciable. Some don't appreciate a whistled tune anyway. I was good though. Perhaps in two years if I have not forgotten how. Perhaps.

5 comments:

Washington Okie said...

Bro. Jason or should I say "Metal Mouth"? You said it not me! Sounds like you're staying very busy and still being a blessing to your patient's. I hope you get your whistler working soon, what will this world do without you being able to whistle, oh my:)

Tell Tabitha I said howdy.

Jason Mullins said...

Long time no contact, Bro Ray. Yes, I am quite the metal mouth these days. As for the whistler, it's broken. Someone said I whistle sometimes when I talk now. Tabithia says I talk through my teeth. Oh well. At least she did not say I lied through my teeth. So ggod to here from you and I will pass along the greeting.

Momma Tammi said...

I thought your teeth were already straight...braces? At your age? ~hee hee~ Hope it doesn't hurt too badly when they begin to tighten them. *wink* By the way...your experiences with being "hit on" were quiet comical to my over active imagination.

Jason Mullins said...

The unwanted elderly advance was much more graphic than I alleged. the nerve of some people.

Jason Mullins said...

Forgive the above typo

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!