Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Rain, Rain...

If I were to finish that it would say, "Go away..." I am glad the rain is here. We went for months with so very little. It has rained for a week now. It is great. I could just go out and run in it. But then again I really don't like to get wet like that. It is shaping up to be another fabulous dreary day today. Our temps have dropped to the mid 80's for highs. Fall has arrived here in Arkansas. Augh!!!! Relief from this terrible hot weather we have known for so long. Every year we think it was hotter than the previous. I am sure according to Al Gore it is. I have yet to see the movie.
Really, I think we just get that notion in our heads. We can do that very easily. So much in life is suggestive. Speaking of suggestive, this might just be all in my head as well. I am becoming decrepit. As I approach 31, my right knee has gone kaputz on me. It is swollen and aches constantly. At times I limp around like a very old man (much older than 30). Sunday, I had some relief from it, only to find out when I woke up that afternoon that my other knee and ankle ached. I really think it is the weather. My joints have always popped and cracked with every movement. My brother has been diagnosed with degenerative joint disease. It is probably just my lot in life. To make matters worse, I was watching the news and they noted that studies indicate knee pain to be linked with lung cancer. Cough! Cough! Yes, perhaps I am one of the biggest hypochondriacs there are. At least my mental health is well, or as well as to be expected. Most people don't expect a whole lot out of me.
Saturday, I called Tabithia. She had left for work. While she was leaving our precious golden boy, Mushu, emerged from the open garage door as if the cell door was left open. There was a small bird that lay motionless on the ground very near our dear feline. Mushu was oblivious to the birds proximity. That is until the bird twitched and was abruptly snatched up by the then snarling ferocious beast. All of this scene was played out before Tabithia's eyes. She said she did not know what to do. I thought that she was concerned for the loss of the poor bird's life. Not hardly. The bird was so inactive she feared there was something wrong with it. Perhaps some dreaded disease--West Nile. She did not want Mushu to fall ill. That night there was something wrong with him. He rubbed on my ankles and just enjoyed being petted without attacking, scratching or biting one time. That is very unlike him. He must have more birds in his diet.
I really should get off of here. I still have to check my myspace and look up some stuff for Children's Church. We are becoming detectives for a few weeks investigating the Fellowship of the Mystery. Each week a different adult out front will have our treats. They have to determine through detective work who has it. Tomorrow we start getting everyone's mug shot to put in out command central. The treat search will conclude after service and certainly after we have uncovered some beautiful truth. To some kids the Bible seems to be written in code. They don't really get it until you decipher it. That is what we hope to do. We have been reappointed to this great work again. I began in Children's Ministries. I struggle at how to express this. Sometimes you feel like people view you as less a minister because you are with kids all of the time. Somehow you feel your ministry is not worth as much. I tried for years to suppress what I do. I feel with anointing we can be made all things to all men. I tried to steer clear of the kiddos for years. Somehow, God repositioned me again back in the middle of what I had tried for so long to get out of. All of my revival work this year has been with children. I just want to be what god wants me to be. I enjoy preaching to all ages from Children's Church to the Nursing Home. I cannot place myself in this body. I am at the mercy of a loving Father who knows just where I can be effective. Place me, Lord.

5 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Oh, how I would have LOVED to have had you as my teacher when I was growing up! I don't remember having Children's Church when I was little and my Sunday School teachers were so boring I couldn't wait for the bell to ring! There were a few exceptions, but I certainly didn't have any teachers that really captured my imagination or interest. Children's ministry is NO LESS important than adult ministries and perhaps it's even MORE important in some instances. Don't apologize for where the Lord has placed you. (I'm reminding myself to take my own advise here.)

I'm hoping some of that rain you've been getting will migrate here! We sure could use some. The water level in our pond is pitifully low. I hope it will one day be full again.

Jason Mullins said...

I've had compny! I am so excited. Thanks for the encouragement. I managed to get almost everyone's "mugshots" last night to post on the wall in our command station. This should all prove to be interesting.

Pam said...

Hey Brother Jason I would love to get some of your children's church material. You sound so interesting. You are wonderful with the children, you did a great job at youth camp. If you don't mind I really would like some of your material. The treasure hunt sounds really good.

Jason Mullins said...

I will try to put something together. I have people at work that want my handouts and various things. The Detective Series is still on going. We have all little girls and have the Lady Bug Club. The Ladybugs are Lil' Angellic Divas Yearning to Be Upright and Godly Servants. Periodically we do things with them. We recently had a photo scavenger hunt at a nearby nature center. It was really fun. We have made gingerbread houses at Christmas. They had a dress up tea party and a lesson one Sunday. We just try to keep them involved.

Pam said...

Okay I appreciate anything you could get to me.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!