Friday, September 14, 2007

Rain, Rain, Rain...

Believe it or not, it rains again. I started mowing yesterday, intending to finish today. Well, this am the sky is darkened once again and an apparent soaking shower fell during the night. So, it looks like I stay mainly inside today.
I am still working on the mystery. It is a mystery to me, too, at this point. It is quite a challenge to me right now. I know the Lord will iron out all the details in my cluttered mind. I do know the treat that will be hidden...Cracker Jacks! It does have a surprise inside. I want the kids to feel the same way about the lessons. I want there to be the awe element. The Lord will certainly have to help me.
In other news, Mushu has become murderous on top of violent. He attacked and killed the bird the other day. I think I blogged that story. Well, he has since had the taste for another winged treat. I did not witness the attack, but the aftermath was grizzly. He was slapping his lifeless prey around when I spied him. Why does a cat feel it must torture its hostages? I will never understand that. We had a cat once that I watched play with a mouse for over an hour. He kept his paw on the mouse's til, then he would release the rodent, give it a head start and pursue it all over again. I was furious that he would risk releasing the pest so that it could take up residence in the house. He never did. He would always leave the decapitated evidence behind as if to say, "Look what I did." Cats can be so strange.
We went to see the Lion King last night in Memphis, the Broadway version. It was very good. Paydon went and sat on my lap the whole time because he could not see very well in his seat. That was not a problem during the first hour and an half. By the time we hit two hours the six year old was killing me. My left leg hurt so bad. Thankfully we had intermission in which I recovered somewhat. Then the show resumed for another hour at least. How can you take a 90 minute movie and turn it into a three hour show? I will never figure that out. It was really good though. I saw most of it through one eye though. I tried to keep Paydon close so that we did not block anyone behind us.
I think I also blogged a while back about my impending vacation to...HAWAII!!!!! Yes, we are set to leave in just days now. What was months away, now it just days. September 2 to be exact. 10 days!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!! I think it will be so beautiful. I bought a new memory card for my camera to be sure I have enough memory. I don't want to miss any of it. There may be some I am willing to omit. I expect some to be culture shock. It is a time though when the tourist season is the lightest. That will be great!
Yesterday, I was on my way back home from checking my email because I am too cheap to pay for this at home. I travel o an office that I have a key to. Anyway, I was going home and went the long, scenic way because the sunrise was glorious. I was driving along snapping pictures because I just happened to have my camera. I stopped on a small bridge overlooking a drainage ditch just to take a peek. I saw some kind of animal in the distance. It appeared to be beavers so I parked the car (off the bridge) and slowly pursued. I got very close to the non-beavers. They were river otters (I think). I was taking pictures of them like crazy. One of them was swimming and stopped right in front of me. He looked right at me so that I could take his picture. It was great. They finally found a fish to eat and took the meal to the brush where I could not see them. I heron flew off as i was approaching them. It was a great morning.
This post is getting as long as Becky (Long)Horne's. I haven't made a stab at her in so long. It is hard to resist. I am blogged out!

3 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Uhhhhhhh...Brother Jason, I'm afraid that if you intended to go to Hawaii on "SEPTEMBER" 2, you missed the boat. I'm guessing you meant OCTOBER 2. Are you going to Oahu or one of the other islands?

Jason Mullins said...

Well, hum? Am I even supposed to be here? Yes, it is the 24th that we leave. I think i might have paused to figure out the day and forgot what the pause was all about. We are going to Oahu for seven whole days! Auuuuuuuuugh!!!!! Siiiiiiiiiigh!!!!!!!!

Momma Tammi said...

So you are leaving this coming Monday. Have a wonderful time and take a sweatshirt or jacket with you, especially if you go out to Pearl Harbor Memorial...it can get chilly.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!