Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Been Busy

I must first apologize for the weakness of that last post. That must be the reason I only had one comment on it. Bless you, Sister Smith. I hope to redeem myself somewhat here. Hopefully all of my other readers have not been bored to death.
I do not have a comical story to share, merely just a longing. I was reading through 1 Kings chapter 8 the other day. Solomon had finished the work on the temple. He worked 20 years to make this thing perfect. He made sure that even parts of this place that were not even visible of noticeable were impressive to God. They went all out. While dedicating the temple, Solomon did not boast about how great it was, he did not go on and on about all that was performed. He said there was no God like our God, great in mercy and grace (not so much in those words). He said that the heavens and the heaven of heaven could not contain Him. He filled the place so that the ministers could not minister. God does not inhabit inanimate temples, but rather these fleshly ones. I want to ensure that this is the most wonderful temple (my heart an life). I want to go all out as did Solomon and ensure even the hidden parts that no one sees are pleasing unto Him.
The temple was the place to bear His name and I have covenanted that I, too, bear His name. There were those in the Bible that wanted to marry/covenant solely to take away their reproach but stated they would wear their own clothes, eat their own food. I desire what God has prepared for me. I desire that superfluous presence as noted in the day of Solomon. He cannot be contained. I desire not to contain, but rather that overflowing presence run over and touch everyone that I come in contact with. Time is so very short and souls are in eminent danger.
God could not be contained in the writings of Malachi as the windows of heaven open. He could not be contained to the widow woman who borrowed vessels not a few. She was asking her sons for another. He could not be contained in the life of Mary who was overshadowed by the Holy Ghost. She had a Truth within her that had to be delivered. He could not be contained in the prophecy of Joel and the upper room fruition of that prophecy. The upper room itself could not contain Him as they hit the street with the all nations message. Jeremiah said He was as fire shut up in his bones.
I want to go all out for Him! I want to cross over that threshold that I find myself standing at so many times. Mary questioned how what Gabriel told her could be. She knew of no natural way for that to happen. We serve a supernatural God. I desire the power of the Highest to overshadow me and perform His divine will.
God bless you all. I have this longing within me, do you?

3 comments:

Rebekah Doran said...

Brother Jason, your words have given me much to think about. I know that not everyone likes to read such posts, but I appreciate your willingness to share what God is revealing to you. It has blessed me, today, and I will undoubtedly be "thinking on these things" for some time.

May God bless you and your ministry, my friend.

Bro. Jacob

Pam said...

Brother Jason

Thank you for sharing with us from the Word of God. I want to be just like that. You are right time is too short. We need to be out winning souls. Lord help my light to shine bright.

Vicki Smith said...

Amen, AMEN, Brother Jason. For many years now I've prayed that God would sanctify the secret places in my heart that even I don't know about but HE knows about. My daily prayer is "Search me and try me, KNOW MY THOUGHTS; cleanse me and lead me in the way everlasting." When Judgment Day comes it won't matter if everybody in the world thinks I'm holy--God knows what's really on the inside and He's the Judge.
We serve a God of the Impossible. When it seems there's no way, He makes a way. We've just got to be willing to step off the cliff, into mid-air. Only then will He reveal the hidden, invisable bridge that crosses the chasm. The Faith Walk can be scary at first, but it becomes exhilarating once we step out! I pray TCOG will muster up the courage to STEP OUT! AMEN!

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!