Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Day Has Passed

Well, the day has come and gone. I now need some help taking all of the festiveness down. Sis Pam asked how many trees are in our home. Ranging from 1 foot to 7.5, there are 14 trees in the grove. Every room has at least one. It is very pretty but someone needs to take it all down. I guess that someone is me. Normally I get the after Christmas blues so bad. This year for some reason I did not. Perhaps it is that melancholy feeling that causes me to rise at 5 am to go stand in line at Wal-Mart to buy reduced merchandise. I go way overboard. It is more of an obsessive disorder I think. I was going to go out and be reasonable this year. I was going to spend a minimal amount because clearly I do no need anymore stuff. There was just a few item I wanted to add. Four hours and six stores later I had a car full. I just got so caught up. It is pathetic and I need help. It is so fun though. Truth be told I sneak back in every now and then to see if it is reduced even more. I am still over $100 under last year. So there has been improvement. There are some 30plus boxes of Christmas stuff in our attic, or will be when I finally get it back there. I see these litle Rubbermaid containers for storing ornaments and think how pathetic that is. There is no way I could get all ou ornaments in there. I may count how many ornaments there are this year. It is way out of control, but hey everyone has their thing. At least mine is not something illegal or harmful to me. My poor attic doesn't think so. I hear it groaning throught the year beneath the weight of the load. That could very well be the death of me, crushed beneath collapse, avalanche of Christmas trees, ornaments and various other items. I have ramble quite enough. God bless you all.

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I've been a bit melancholy (the FEELING, not the temperment) through the Christmas season because this is the second Christmas in a row I haven't been able to decorate at ALL for Christmas--all my decor is safely stored in plastic bins in the shed in VA. But now that it's all over and it's time to take down and pack away all that stuff I'm feeling better about it all, since I don't have that chore looming over my head. *winking* But, still, I'm hoping to have that chore to deal with next year!

Jason Mullins said...

Sis Smith, welcome back to my blog. I suppose that you could have gotten festive with the travel trailer. I trust things will be more settled next year and you can enjoy the simlper things in life.

Sis Pam, We are one region now and you should prefer your brother. Get over her and help this family take done the Christmas grove. Just kidding!

I have just barely started. I have removed some of the easy stuff. I have bought a little ( a lot) of new stuff that brings such excitement and anticipation for it to debut next year. I may have to join Chistmas Anonymous before then.

cokelady said...

I've thought of you a lot this week, Jason--while I've been taking down my Christmas decor. I've been very happy to resign myself over and over again to the fact that you're a bigger Christmas freak than I am. How many weeks does it take you to UNdecorate everything?

If there is such a thing as Christmas Anonymous, you should be it's poster boy.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!